People and Performance Podcast
Leading Through Uncertain Times
November 16, 2022
Economic uncertainty is rife and HR leaders are trying to plan ahead for a potentially difficult 2023. In this episode, Bill Banham and Chris Bjorling ask: how can CHROs and leaders keep their people performing at a high level during uncertain times?
The guest this time is Whitney Johnson, CEO of human capital consultancy Disruption Advisors. Whitney and her team are experts at helping people grow their people - to grow their organization.
Whitney is the award-winning author of Disrupt Yourself, a keynote speaker, and a frequent lecturer for Harvard Business School’s Corporate Learning.
She is a popular contributor to the Harvard Business Review, has 1.8 million followers on LinkedIn, where she was selected as a Top Voice in 2020, and her course on Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship has been viewed more than 1 million times.
Whitney also hosts the popular Disrupt Yourself Podcast. Listeners tune in each week to hear Whitney talk with the world's best thinkers and doers about personal disruption.
- You coach CEOs and C-Suite executives. What are some of the big concerns they have for the year ahead?
- How have you worked with the C-suite to strategize for an uncertain year ahead and find solutions?
- In times of high inflation, does money talk? How important do you think salary/commissions are to attracting and retaining high performers at the moment compared to earlier in 2022?
- In a September 2022 article called 'What if Your Only Job Was To Help Others Be Successful?', You write "most of us are extremely task oriented. We often focus on mission, vision, and strategy, possibly ignoring the people-aspects all together. But what if people, not tasks, were at the top of your list each day?" What did you mean by that? How can leaders be better mentors?
- Leading during times of growth is one thing. How can CHROS and HR leaders keep their people engaged and growing during uncertain times? What lessons from the pandemic can we take into future high-pressure situations?
- Tell us about your awesome podcast, the Disrupt Yourself Podcast.
- Who are some of your most impactful podcast guests of 2022 and why?