In this episode, Bill Banham and Chris Bjorling talk about why happier leaders tend to perform better and get more engagement from their colleagues.
They are joined by Tia Graham, Founder of Arrive At Happy and author of the new book Be a Happy Leader. Throughout its pages, strategies and tactics are provided which include the use of positive psychology, having a broad perspective, executing quickly, creating strong relationships, measuring what matters, and being the spark in the team.
Listen as they talk about ways to encourage leaders to be happier and the knock-on effects on employee engagement, company culture, and the bottom line.
- What does happiness mean to you and how do you try to live a mentally and physically healthy, thriving life?
- Talk about leveraging happiness to achieve higher performance. How can happy employees provide higher ROI?
- Your book is geared at leaders. What unique stresses have been placed on leaders since the outbreak of Covid?
- You say it's important for leaders to have clear, scientific data to support incorporating the science of happiness into their lives and careers. What people analytics metrics are you talking about?
- "From team member turnover to stakeholders’ high expectations, leading a team within an organization can take over your life. In your 8-step method, readers will have inspiration, strategies and tools to achieve amazing results – in all areas of their life." Can you take a few minutes and talk about the 8 steps?
- Can you share one piece of advice or some direction you were given by a mentor, leader or colleague that inspired you to perform at a higher level in your career
Talking About Ways To Improve Company Culture and People Performance
The People and Performance Podcast is a show that dives into all things related to raising performance in the working world around us. We investigate how technology and HR processes are inextricably linked to the employee experience and the bottom line.
Chris Bjorling, Co-host
Christopher Bjorling is President at Fidello Inc., a consulting and services firm specializing in improving human performance.
For over 30 years Chris has led Fidello in creating unique talent management solutions. Through the products and services he and his team have created over the years, his organization has helped clients design, develop, implement and integrate talent management processes and systems.
Bill Banham, Co-host
Bill Banham, Publisher at The HR Gazette, Host of the popular HRchat Podcast and Organizer of events such as DisruptHR London.
Bill has worked with lots of business tech and HR-focused brands in the UK and North America including HRreview, TalentCulture, HRmarketer, Sprigg HR, and Team Fitness Tool.
Contact us to learn more!